Reports to: General Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide exceptional customer service and demonstrate knowledge of all products including café food, ice cream, coffee and tea products. Serve all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare coffee drinks according to established recipes, portions and standards.
- Oversee and ensure that all coffee products are consistently prepared and packaged or served according to the cafe's recipes, portioning and brewing standards.
- Continue to learn about coffee blends, whole coffee beans, coffee brewing, tea products and equipment. Be able to answer customer questions regarding product freshness and preparation.
- Restock shelves and supplies when necessary, rotating product properly noting any product or supply shortage or out dated.
- Complete daily opening or closing checklists.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following established procedures.
- Responsible for helping to clean the coffee area. Including floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- All other duties and tasks asked of you by the General Manager.
- A positive, outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide excellent customer service and build customer relationships
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to switch tasks as needed
- Understand and adhere to basic kitchen and department of health sanitation guidelines
- Ability to follow directions from managers and communicate clearly with team members and customers
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, use hand & finger motions and lift up to 40 pounds. Be able to stand for long periods of time