Position: Front of the House
Reports to: General Manager/Senior Employee on Duty
Summary of Position:
Provide exceptional customer service and demonstrate knowledge of all products including café food, ice cream, coffee and tea products. Serve all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers with a smile.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times. Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Ensure that all food, drinks and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Fill in where needed, including special events.
- Maintain personal appearance according to policies.
- Ask questions and request assistance as needed.
- Report all customer complaints, potential safety hazards and employee accidents to manager on duty.
- Restock shelves and supplies when necessary, rotating product properly and inform the manager if any product is running short or expired.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Fulfill other duties assigned by café management.
Area's of responsibilities will include:
- Coffee Area
- Server Position
- Ice Cream Counter
- A positive, outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide excellent customer service and build customer relationships
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to switch tasks as needed
- Understand and adhere to basic kitchen sanitation guidelines
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, use hand & finger motions, lift up to 40 pounds and work in a standing position for long periods of time