Reports to: Head Chef/ Senior Employee on Duty
Summary of Position:
Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge, and promote the Bailiwick vision and mission. Display and model behaviors which are consistent with Bailiwick Market & Cafe values.
Make the dishes sparkle! As assigned, wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the dish area and equipment clean and organized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Build relationships and contribute to positive team environment.
- Prevent customer service situations with proactive measures.
- Report all customer complaints, potential safety hazards and employee accidents to senior employee on duty.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and contribute suggestions for improvement.
- Work special events as needed.
- Maintain personal appearance according to policies.
- Load, run and unload dish machine according to kitchen standards.
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
- Keep dish area clean and organized.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
- Bag and haul trash to dumpster/compost area at designated times.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss and report any breakage to manager.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Clean front of house and bathrooms as needed, mop kitchen at end of shift.
- Shovel and salt entrances as needed.
- Stock kitchen goods.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to team environment.
- Understands basic kitchen sanitation guidelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, team members, and customers.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, use hand and finger motions.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods and lift up to 60 pounds.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.