Position: Line Cook
Reports to: Head Chef/Senior Employee on Duty
Summary of Position:
Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge and promote the Bailiwick vision and mission. Display and model behaviors which are consistent with Bailiwick Market and Cafe values.
Accurately and efficiently assemble meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
Duties and general responsibilities:
- Build relationships and contribute to positive team environment
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Report all customer complaints, potential safety hazards and employee accidents to manager on duty
- Work special events as needed
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Maintain personal appearance according to policies
Line Cook responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assume full responsibility for quality of products served
- Monitor and maintain proper food holding control points in assigned work area
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Notate and inform manager immediately of prepared food shortages
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- ServSafe Food Handler certification or ability to complete within 90 days of hire
- Willingness to learn and contribute to team environment
- Understands basic kitchen sanitation guidelines
- Able to remain levelheaded and work well under pressure, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to follow directions from managers and communicate clearly with team members and customers
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, use hand and finger motions, and lift up to 50 pounds and to work in a standing for long periods
- Well-organized and detail-oriented